Simcity updates, January
There are not too many updates this month except the fact that I focused on code refactoring, readability and URL scheme polishing for the webtuesday.ch presentation that I held on January 10th. The slides are available on Slideshare for download; thanks everyone who attended !
- As i said before, did some serious code refactoring, if you have troubles in merging, I am happy to help.
- Several query string parameters can be used to customize the simulation:
- hms: used to set the simulation time in hh:mm:ss format (i.e. the simulation position for 17:45:13.)
- x, y: longitude and latitude – used to set the simulation start location to a custom location (i.e. Lausanne)
- vehicle_name: used to automatically track a vehicle when we know its name. Example: the position of IC 835 at 17:45. Will let your imagine how easy is to integrate (via an IFRAME ?) this “boring” table view from SBB.
- Bunch of experimental parameters(action, station_ids, arrs, deps, vehicle_name, vehicle_type) – used for adding a custom vehicle having the timetables declared via querystring. Example: a TGV running with 330 km/h between Zürich and Basel; it needs only 16 minutes :).
- Stations panel: integration between stations and vehicles. Clicking on a vehicle brings a panel showing the stations that the vehicle stopped (grey-ish) and the upcoming stations. Clicking on any station loads the station panel containing the next 10 vehicles transiting that station. Clicking on any vehicle starts following the vehicle and so on. Personally I did a lot of clicking but you know that I am a train buff already :).
Thanks for your interest in this project !