Simcity updates, November 13
Took me about one month for this release but nevertheless here it is; one of the most important update is that the romanian railways simulator, cfr.webgis.ro uses the same engine that the Swisstrains does. Now you can zoom out to see whole Romania and despite the fact that it has a surface 5x times bigger than Switzerland, the romanian railways network has the same length (~5,000 km) and 10x less(!) trains during one day of operations.
- Flyout with vehicle details: if you click on any vehicle(marker) you get detailed information about: name of the vehicle, a link to the provider(SBB, CFR), start/terminus stations and the status of the vehicle (if in motion – the next station and current speed; if in a station – when is departing that station).
- Vehicles with timetables spanning across two days are available now(before they were removed from the map after 23:59:59). In Switzerland there are not too many vehicles running after midnight but in Romania there are a lot, so therefore this feature is now available.
- The vectors network is now a directed graph. This means that the polylines used for AB route are not the same ones (reversed) that are used for the BA route. The best example is for the tracks between Brunnen and Flüelen where the vehicles are using two different ways depending on the direction of the train.
- Speaking of Flüelen, I added all tunnels of the Gotthard line, including the famous spiral ones.
- The simulation has now a more “stable” URL, http://simcity.vasile.ch/sbb/ and in the next release(s) will migrate it to http://www.swisstrains.ch
Thanks for your interest in this project !