Swisstrains updates, October 9
The most important update from this batch is that the project is available on Github so you can start today and produce your own vehicle simulation based on timetables and digitized tracks. Will come with a later post explaining how I digitized the whole Switzerland railway network(5000+ kms) and how I got(read crawled) the timetables data from the SBB website without affecting their uptime. Read the following for the complete list of changes.
- The project has new, freshly crawled timetables from SBB.
- The railway tunnels are now rendered on the map. Currently only the Zürich area is covered, will add the rest of them in the future updates.
- Made some adjustments of the tracks topology and incorporated user requests reporting outdated tracks. Thanks Œlk and please bring me more !
- Last but not list the code for creating the simulation is available on Github. Grab it now and start use it in your own projects !
- BTW, the railroad network is also available, under Fusion Tables: tracks and stations.
Just Visualize > Map > Export to KML and you are good to go !
Thanks for your interest in this project !